Oct. 2013 Readathon: Finish Line!
Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-A-Thon is a bi-annual readathon, hosted at 24hourreadathon.com, where readers and bloggers get together and read for 24 hours, sharing their experience with others.
Another great readathon completed! I wish I had been able to read more, but that’s okay! How did everyone else do?
Here are my answers to the End of Event Meme!
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Those last few hours that I was awake, like hours 19-21. It wasn’t extremely late here in Washington state, but I was super tired.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Just don’t do what I did! If you’re a blogger, try not to read review books during readathon. It’s better to be able to switch it up if you want. I loved the book I read, but it would have been nice to be able to read some smaller books for readathon. Instead, I just really needed to finish my review book. Small books, graphic novels–these are great for readathon because you get so many books under your belt!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think Twitter chats would be fun. I know people already support each other and leave status updates via Twitter, but it would be cool for several people to talk all at once. And I know it cuts into our reading time, but we all need breaks!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything seemed to work well!
5. How many books did you read?
Only one finished.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I only read one book, but Across a Star-Swept Sea was fantastic!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Since I only read the one book…But no, I can’t do that to Across a Star-Swept Sea! It was SO good!
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was not a cheerleader this year, but I’m thinking about doing it next time!
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
As long as my husband continues to be okay with taking the kiddo for the day, I’ll be doing readathon! And I think I’ll probably volunteer to cheer next year as well as participate!
Thanks again to all the organizers and volunteers! You guys rock! And great job to all the readers! I love being a part of this awesome community!
Jessie MarieOctober 13, 2013 at 5:14 pm
Woo! Congrats on the finish. I totally agree – reading non-review books is key for a successful readathon. But that's not always possible. Glad you were able to finish a GOOD book. : )
angrygreycatreads.comOctober 14, 2013 at 12:34 am
Great that you read a GOOD book. I need to make better choices next time.