Mini Review: Bang (Visions #2) by Lisa McMann
Author: Lisa McMann
Series: Visions #2
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: October 8, 2013
Format/Source: ARC/Received from Publisher
Jules should be happy. She saved a lot of people’s lives and she’s finally with Sawyer, pretty much the guy of her dreams. But the nightmare’s not over, because she somehow managed to pass the psycho vision stuff to Sawyer. Excellent.
Feeling responsible for what he’s going through and knowing that people’s lives are at stake, Jules is determined to help him figure it all out. But Sawyer’s vision is so awful he can barely describe it, much less make sense of it. All he can tell her is there’s a gun, and eleven ear-splitting shots. Bang.
Jules and Sawyer have to work out the details fast, because the visions are getting worse and that means only one thing: time is running out. But every clue they see takes them down the wrong path. If they can’t prevent the vision from happening, lives will be lost. And they may be among the casualties…(Cover and synopsis from Goodreads.)
*Warning: This is the second book in a series. While I really don’t like spoilers, you might find some slight Book 1 spoilers in this review.*
Since this is the second book in a series, I decided to make this a mini review where I just share some of my notes, since I don’t want to reveal any spoilers.
- I like how this book starts off right where we left off with Crash.
- Sawyer’s vision is very creepy!
- I’m glad that the lists are back in this book, but I’m not too happy that the “Oh my dog” is back. And this time, Sawyer’s saying it, too?
- I like the conflict here: Sawyer has the vision this time, and although Jules has been through what he’s going through, she can’t see it and it adds a nice conflict.
- I still LOVE Trey and Rowan. Such awesome characters.
- Some very very creepy parts.
- Kind of spoilery: Near the end of Crash, something crazy happened…and then it didn’t. And the same thing happened in this book. I feel like it should have really happened in one of them!
- As a parent, what Rowan did is NOT OKAY. AT ALL.
- I like the theories surrounding the visions and how Jules got them, and now how Sawyer got them. Very cool.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
(Thanks, Simon Pulse!) I was not compensated in any other way for this review.