Mini Review: The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #2
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: April 23, 2013
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending. (Cover and synopsis from Goodreads)
Once again, since this is a sequel, I decided to write a mini review. This time, I wanted to share some of my notes with all of you, because they really made me laugh:
- “No! No Aspen allowed! There should be no Aspen in this book!”
- (To Aspen) “Quit being an annoying ass! You used to be a goody-goody, putting everyone before yourself and becoming a martyr so that America would have a better life than the one she’d have with you, and now you’re just giving her a guilt trip! Argh. I really DO NOT like Aspen.”
- “America literally runs into an officer named OFFICER WOODWORK?!? What, like he BLENDS INTO THE WOODWORK?!?”
- “Kota totes reminds me of Percy Weasley.”
- “America’s dad might be a rebel spy…”
- “Can we please just get Aspen killed by a rebel??? PLEASE???”
- “Very nice letter from her dad. Some of the best writing, perhaps.”
- “I am SO TIRED of all these books having characters who start to say something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT and they get cut off and you don’t find out what they were going to say until the END of the book. So annoying!”
- “Yep, Maxon’s going to figure out that button bracelet and your ass is gonna be grass, biotch!”
- “The ONE TIME I’m not hating Aspen, America gets all huffy with him. Figures.”
- “Argh. ASPEN SUCKS.”