Readathon: Hours 19-24 & Wrap Up
Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-A-Thon is a bi-annual readathon, hosted at 24hourreadathon.com, where readers and bloggers get together and read for 24 hours, sharing their experience with others.
Thoughts on current read: Not bad. A bit of eye rolling going on, but not bad.
Pages read since last update: 69 (45 pages of Uglies: Cutters, and 24 pages of The Selection)
Total pages read: 371
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 2 hours
Total time spent reading: 8 1/2 hours
Other participants I’ve visited (running total):
The Daily Bookmark
A Librarian’s Library
Midnight Book Girl
The Fake Steph
Prizes I’ve won:
I won The Ward by Jordana Frankel in hour 12! Yay!
Official Read-a-Thon page
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Well, I took a nap around hour 17, so I guess that hour was pretty daunting since I was falling asleep. But I’m pretty angry with myself for not reading AT ALL during the first 6 hours. But I was able to stay up until hour 22, so that was nice!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I definitely suggest reading some graphic novels. They are very quick and are a nice change.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Maybe have some Twitter chats? I know people are on Twitter all day long, but a designated time for everyone to talk would be cool.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything! Great job to everyone!
- How many books did you read? 2 and a little bit
- What were the names of the books you read? Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, Uglies: Cutters by Scott Westerfeld, and started The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Which book did you enjoy most? I enjoyed them all!
- Which did you enjoy least? Maybe The Selection, but that’s only because I’ve only read the first 24 pages.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I didn’t cheer this time.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I’ll always participate if I’m able! Since I’m such a slow reader I have to spend a lot of time reading otherwise I’ll get no reading done at all. But someday I hope to be able to cheer or host a mini challenge!