Fall 2016 Bloggiesta
Bloggiesta is an event for book bloggers where participants work on blog housekeeping and improving their blogs. It’s hosted by MC at Blame It On The Books and Emily at Emily Reads Everything. Check out the Bloggiesta homepage and about page for more info.
This Thursday through Sunday, September 15-18, is the Fall 2016 Bloggiesta, and I’m very excited to be participating again! I’m also hosting a mini challenge for the first time this year, and it’s all about Bullet Journaling for Book Bloggers, and there’s a giveaway, so be sure to check it out!
I’ll be updating this post throughout the event, sharing my progress and any mini challenges that I attempt.
My Main Goals
- For all recent reviews: add link to reading challenges, add link to FB picture, add review to Goodreads, add info to spreadsheet, update EW or NG or email publisher if necessary (I did this for 4/27 books. I got way too behind on this lately!)
Back up blog Write all the posts for the next week
- Add featured image and UBB info to all reviews that do not yet have it
- Follow all recent followers on Bloglovin’
Comment on lots of participants’ blogs Make a video
- Make a new library due date module in my bullet journal
- Figure out why all of the comments on my blog have to be moderated, when it’s not set up that way
- Write all posts for the rest of the month
- Add featured image to any posts that don’t have it yet
- Finish filling out info on monthly blog planners in bullet journal
- Make discussion post topic list module in my bullet journal
- Find widget for archived tweets (I haven’t added this to my blog yet but several people during one of the Twitter chats recommended Revive Old Post, so I’ll be adding that soon! Thanks, guys!)
Cull physical shelves(I rearranged them and got rid of a few. I still need to do a more thorough culling, but I’m going to count it this time!)
- Cull Goodreads To-Read shelf
- Add Bonus Points Awards, TBR Book Club, BEA Book Blogger Picnic and BEA Book Blogger Meet & Drink under Features
- Make a reviews by rating review archive
- Update series spreadsheet
- Make a video ideas list module in my bullet journal
Set up BookTube videos to be monetized
- Figure out how to have a photo show when I tweet just my basic blog site, not an individual post
Come up with a good blog tag line(I came up with one, now I have to add it to my blog header!)
Goals accomplished: Backed up blog, monetized BookTube videos. I also did cross-posting, linking, etc. for 4/27 recent book reviews. I hope to finish the rest this weekend, but I also want to get other things done, so we’ll see. I also joined in on the first Twitter chat. I hope to be able to participate in the others, as well.
Goals accomplished: Wrote all posts for the upcoming week. I also participated in the second Twitter chat. I hope to get a lot more done during the weekend, especially visiting other participants!
Goals accomplished: I wanted to work on Bloggiesta all day, but I ended up not working on anything for it until late in the afternoon. But I was able to make a video and cull/rearrange my shelves all at once. And I totally forgot about the Twitter chat, which makes me sad. Hopefully I can get much more done tomorrow!
Goals accomplished: I finished editing my new video, and commented on several participants’ blogs. I really wanted to get more done but it just didn’t happen.
Curl Up and Read
Oh My Books!
It’s A Mystery
The Novel Orange
The Crafty Engineer’s Bookshelf
Blame It On the Books
Emily Reads Everything
First Impressions Reviews
Sharing Life’s Moments
Alexia’s Books and Such
I apologize if you were participating and I didn’t get to your blog! I really wanted to visit everyone but I just couldn’t get to everyone. :(
I love Bloggiesta and I usually get so much done, but this time I just don’t feel like I got enough done. My list was way too long, so that made it hard, but also I just ended up not spending as much time as I wanted to actually doing Bloggiesta stuff this weekend. But it was still a lot of fun and I know I’ll be participating again next time!
And if you participated in my mini challenge, I’ll be randomly selecting a winner tomorrow (or the next day–Mondays are busy for me), and you’ll receive an email or message on social media (or a comment on your blog if I can’t find email or social media for you) if you are the winner.
Thanks so much to MC and Emily for hosting. They did a fantastic job! And thanks to everyone who stopped by here! I’ll see you all next time!