Top Ten Tuesday: All About Me
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic. I’m a huge fan of lists, so this meme is right up my alley!
This week’s topic is “Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want)”. So I’m going to list a mix of personal and bookish/blogging facts. I’m going to pretend that readers of this post know little to nothing about me so if you do know me, these probably will be things you already know.
1. I am a mom to two boys. Kiddo #1 is almost 7 and Kiddo #2 is 16 months.
2. I am a stay at home mom but I have a Bachelor’s degree in English, with an emphasis on Creative Writing. I used to write tons of poems back in the day, but now I’m not really a poetry fan. I wish I had taken more fiction-writing classes, because that’s what I write now. Which leads me to my next fact…
3. I have been writing stories ever since I could write, and my current goal is to have at least one book completely ready to be submitted to agents by 2020 (although I want to have my current WIP ready even earlier than that if possible). My current WIP is a YA Fantasy with a bi princess.
4. I grew up in TX and OK but 3 years ago we moved to WA. Eventually we want to live in NYC.
5. Veerrrrry soon I’ll be migrating The Overstuffed Bookcase from Blogger to self-hosted WordPress. So soon that I’m going through the process right now. I’m in need of a change.
6. I just recently started using a bullet journal and I LOVE it. I plan on writing a post all about using a bullet journal for book blogging soon. I’m also getting very into hand lettering. It’s a new obsession.
These are all kind of boring facts so I’m going to try to ramp it up for the last 4.
7. I danced when I was a kid (ballet, jazz, tap, drill team) and my class was invited to perform at Epcot. It was pretty cool.
8. I have an eye phobia. It’s really weird. Like, I can’t touch my eye or watch anyone else touch their eye, or watch any kind of eye stuff. I get super anxious and have to get away. And of course it never fails that there’s always some kind of gross eye stuff in movies and TV shows. It’s very annoying. I also have an anxiety/panic disorder but I don’t feel like going into that right now because my anxiety is already spiking just typing about my eye phobia.
I AM SO BORING.
9. I recently started a book club in my area. I had a book club in OK and I tried to find one here but all the ones I found were reading books that I wasn’t really interested in. And I read a lot of YA, so I thought I’d just make my own YA book club. But I enjoyed how my old book club would always eat and drink and talk about the books, so I decided it would be a book club for adults who like YA so that we could drink alcoholic beverages while discussing the books. It’s been pretty fun so far!
10. I, along with Alexa from Alexa Loves Books, Jen from YA Romantics, and Katelyn (who used to have the blog Kate’s Tales of Books and Bands), created the BEA Book Blogger Picnic in 2013. It was just a fun get-together for book bloggers during BEA. We did it again in 2014 and added the BEA Book Blogger Meet and Drink, where we hung out at a bar one night. I wasn’t able to go to BEA in 2015 (just had a baby) and couldn’t go this year either, but I hope to go next year and if I do, you better believe we’ll have a revival of the Picnic and Meet and Drink!
So there are all my (pretty boring) facts. Thanks for reading!
Did you participate in today’s TTT? Leave a link to your post in the comments, and I’ll try to stop by your blog!