Blind Reads (4): Fall 2015
Blind Reads is my feature here at The Overstuffed Bookcase, where I read a book without knowing anything (well, hardly anything) about it!
It has been over a year since I’ve done one of these! I need to do them more often!
Want to know more about my Blind Reads? Go here to find out more!
This month’s Blind Read:
The Map to Everywhere
by Carrie Ryan and John Parke Davis
- It’s a Middle Grade novel (at least, I’m pretty sure it is).
- I have heard of author Carrie Ryan, and I actually own a couple of her other books, but I haven’t read any of her books yet.
- It’s the first book in a series.
- It’s about pirates. (I mean, with that cover, I’ll be upset if it’s NOT about pirates.)
- There are talking animals. LOOK AT THOSE RATS WITH GLASSES. Rats/mice in real life = GROSS. Cartoon rats/mice = GENIUS. (For example: The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, Ratatouille. Need I go on?)
- It’s about a brother and sister who find a map. A MAP TO EVERYWHERE. (My theories, guys. They are SOLID.)
Well, that’s it. I’ve got nothing else. I know nothing about this book, really. But that’s the point of my Blind Reads. So, what do you think? Have I picked a good one for this month?
And remember, if you’ve read this book (or even know anything about it) please NO SPOILERS! The point of this feature is for me to go into it knowing as little as possible!
Be sure to come back later this month to see what I thought of this book, and if any of my theories were correct!
pagesunboundNovember 6, 2015 at 7:52 am
I read this book and I really enjoyed it! I hope you do, as well! I wasn't fond of The Forest of Hands and Teeth, so this was a really pleasant surprise.
Krysta @ Pages Unbound