Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read in 2014
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic. I’m a huge fan of lists, so this meme is right up my alley!
This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Read in 2014.
I actually didn’t end up reading very many books this year (Sad! But morning sickness isn’t really conducive to reading…), so this list isn’t any certain genre or anything, it’s just my favorite books I read this year. And for once, I’m actually going to have them in a kind of ranking order, with #1, of course, being my favorite read of the year. But this was a very hard list to make, because I LOVED all of these!
10. A Hero for WondLa (WondLa #2) by Tony DiTerlizzi
9. Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West
8. Scarlet (Scarlet #1) by A.C. Gaughen
7. Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink #1) by Mindy McGinnis
6. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
5. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
4. The Battle for WondLa (WondLa #3) by Tony DiTerlizzi
3. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
2. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
1. The Search for WondLa (WondLa #1) by Tony DiTerlizzi
So my favorites this year are a pretty diverse group. Two Contemporaries, and the rest were either straight Fantasy, straight Science Fiction, or kind of a mix between Science Fiction and Fantasy. Two are considered Adult books, three are considered Middle Grade, and five are considered YA. I read lots of other books that I really enjoyed this year, so this was definitely a hard list to make!
What were your favorite books you read this year? Let me know, or leave a link to your TTT in the comments, and I’ll try to stop by your blog!