Mini Review: A Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
Author: Tony DiTerlizzi
Series: WondLa #2
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Eva Nine has finally found what she has always been looking for; other human beings. Having been rescued by Hailey, Eva couldn’t be happier, and now Hailey is taking Eva and her friends to the human colony New Attica, where humans of all shapes and sizes live in apparent peace and harmony. But all is not as idyllic as it seems. (Cover and synopsis from Goodreads.)
Since this is the second book in a series, I’m just going to write a mini review where I share some of my notes:
- Tony DiTerlizzi gets some of my Bonus Points for a map in the front of the book (50,000 points), the beautiful illustrations by the author himself (50,000 points), and the interactive game that you can play online (50,000 points).
- I love that there is so much more back story to this world that we find out as the books progress!
- I love that a lot of the characters, like Rovender, listen to Eva. They may not believe what she says at first, but they listen to her and don’t disregard the things that she says.
- Some of the parts when Eva is in New Attica remind me of Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. Just another one of the reasons that I think he and Tony DiTerlizzi should be friends!
- Some really super sad parts in this book–I almost cried and I hardly ever cry while reading!
- I like how even the villains in this book say some really profound and true things. Such complex characters!
- Otto! Yay!