The Overstuffed Bookcase is 6 Months Old!
|Snape approves. Image from sarlyne.tumblr.com|
Wow, it feels like it has been so much longer than 6 months, but at the same time, it feels like it has been no time at all!
First of all, I just wanted to thank all of you for reading this blog. It is so amazing to know that people like to read what I’m writing, and that you’re interested in my opinions of all these books. I’m just so grateful for every one of you.
I’ve also learned so much in these past 6 months! I had a personal blog before this, and it never really had any focus to it. So when I decided to start a new blog where I focused on reviewing YA books, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. I followed a couple of review blogs already, but I wasn’t aware of this huge community and all the awesome bloggers that I would come to consider my friends. And I’ve learned so much about reviewing, about blogging, about promoting books and authors, and interacting with authors, publishers, and other bloggers.
Here are some stats and highlights from the past 6 months of The Overstuffed Bookcase:
- First post on January 14, 2012
- This is my 111th post
- I’ve posted 29 book reviews and 1 movie review
- I successfully co-hosted a readalong
- I’ve had 1 giveaway plus the one with the readalong
- I participated in my first readathon
- I’ve had one guest post on another blog
- I’ve added 569 books to my Goodreads lists (mostly my TBR list)
- I got one book from NetGalley (a “read now” book)
- I received 3 books for review
- I borrowed 5 books from the library and 2 books from friends
- I won 7 books through giveaways
- I got 14 books as gifts (mostly for my birthday and Mother’s Day)
- I bought 35 books, not including Kindle Freebies
And now, things I’ve learned from the above list:
- I read really slowly (actually I already knew this but the number of reviews proves it!)
- I have way too many books on my TBR list
- I need to start actually requesting books from NetGalley
- I need to utilize my awesome library more
- I have a book-buying addiction (as do most book bloggers!)
Here are a few things that are coming up on The Overstuffed Bookcase:
- I’ll be participating in the Vacation Reads Giveaway Hop (International!) from July 19th-25th
- Jessie @ The Daily Bookmark and I hope to have another readalong sometime
- I plan on participating in another readathon
- I’ll be a part of a book tour in the future!
- I hope to start a new feature (I have ideas but I’d love suggestions!)
- More reviews, more bonus points, more discussions, etc.
- I also hope to get a new design in the future, or at least get a new header and a button that others can grab and share
- I hope to go to some book conventions, especially BEA next year
Overall, I just hope to keep on doing what I’ve been doing with this blog, and I hope that my blog can grow and that I continue to meet other wonderful bloggers and continue to read awesome books!
Thanks again to all of you for all your support. Without you, this blog really wouldn’t be such a huge, fun exciting part of my life.