Catch Wither Fever Read-Along Event Begins!
UPDATE: This post has been updated on 03/20/12 to include the Rafflecopter for the $15 gift card giveaway!
Hello and welcome to the Catch Wither Fever read-along event! This event is hosted by myself and Jessie at the daily bookmark. Here’s a little information about the event!
Who: Anyone can participate! Whether you’ve already read both books, read just one, or haven’t read either, you can still be a part of the event!
When: March 18, 2012 – April 14, 2012 (4 weeks)
Where: At The Overstuffed Bookcase, the daily bookmark, and our participants’ blogs!
Why: This is just an event to read Wither and/or Fever, write reviews or discussion posts, read one another’s thoughts on the books, and there will be a gift card giveaway for participants!
Okay, so if you’re interested, here’s some more detailed information on what you can do to participate! (Note: you aren’t required to do anything, unless you want to enter the giveaway. You can simply visit the blogs and comment on the reviews and discussion posts if you want! And if you do enter the giveaway, you aren’t required to do everything listed here. See below for Giveaway & Giveaway Info.)
- Read Wither and/or Fever by Lauren DeStefano
- Write a new review on your own blog for Wither and/or Fever during the event dates
- Write a new discussion post on your own blog about Wither and/or Fever during the event dates (This is a great option for those of you who have already read the books!)
- Write a post on your blog about the event
- Grab the button below, place it in your blog’s sidebar or in your reviews/discussion posts, etc., and be sure to link it back to The Overstuffed Bookcase or the daily bookmark!
- Visit the other bloggers that are taking part in the event!
- Enter the giveaway
- Prize: $15 gift card to The Book Depository or Amazon
- You must be 13 years of age or older to enter
- You have to participate in the event in one of the following ways to qualify for the giveaway (this will be the required entry for the giveaway):
- Write a NEW review on your blog for Wither and/or Fever during the event dates OR
- Write a NEW discussion post on your blog about Wither and/or Fever during the event dates
- If you do more than one of the above, you can earn extra entries. You may also earn an extra entry by writing a post on your blog about the event, or pasting the button to your sidebar. You can also earn extra entries by tweeting about the event (#CatchWitherFever), following our blogs, following us on Twitter, and following Lauren DeStefano on Twitter.
- Simply fill out the Rafflecopter below to enter. (Note: You must complete a review or discussion post as the initial required entry, and then you can earn more entries.)
- The winner will be randomly selected on Sunday, April 15, 2012
- The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
We also may have a few more exciting things coming your way, so be on the lookout for that!
We’re really excited about this event, and we look forward to reading all our participants’ reviews/discussions! Please leave a comment if you plan on participating so that other participants can visit your blog, and let me know if you have any questions!
Click here for more posts regarding the Catch Wither Fever event or click here for the Catch Wither Fever Event Post List, which is a frequently updated list of all the participants’ posts!
DebzMarch 18, 2012 at 10:37 pm
Looking forward to reading Wither!
Thanks for hosting this event!
~Debz @ Debz Bookshelf
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 19, 2012 at 2:25 am
Me too! And thanks so much for participating!
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!March 18, 2012 at 10:41 pm
Woot! I'm excited!! I've been looking forward to reading Fever and this is a good way for me to raise it in the TBR pile. Awesome event! Hopefully I'll put up a post spreading the word tomorrow. I look forward to reading all your thoughts!
All the best ♥
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 19, 2012 at 2:26 am
I'm so excited, too! And thanks in advance for spreading the word! We really appreciate it! (Plus, it'll give you an extra entry in the giveaway!) ;) And we look forward to reading your thoughts!
pagesunboundMarch 18, 2012 at 11:19 pm
I've posted about the event and have scheduled my review of Wither! So exciting!
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 19, 2012 at 2:27 am
Thanks so much for posting about the event! We really appreciate it! I'm so excited too! Now I just have to finish up my book club book so I can get lost in Wither! ;)
BittnerMarch 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm
Good luck with this event! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to be joining you but it looks like you've got a few people already ready to go!
Beth D.March 19, 2012 at 6:34 pm
One day, when I have the time I am going to join one of these read-alongs, but I have so much that needs read yesterday.
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 20, 2012 at 2:23 am
I totally understand. Maybe we'll have one in the future that you can join in on! Thanks for stopping by! ;)
KimberlyMarch 21, 2012 at 2:02 am
Alright, you twisted my arm. ;) You can count me in, though I won't be able to start the book until next week.
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 21, 2012 at 2:32 am
Great! We're glad to have you participate! And don't worry, I won't be able to start the book for a few days, either.
fakestephMarch 21, 2012 at 2:05 pm
I have to buckle down and start this… Just have to get through the Tim Tebow biography first. :)
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Hmmm…Tim Tebow biography? Is this a real thing? I'll admit, I really know nothing about Tim Tebow except that he's a football player and the Vlogbrothers have mentioned him a couple times. Anyway, I have to finish a biography I'm reading right now for my book club (which meets on Saturday) and then I'll be reading Wither! So don't worry if you haven't already started the book. You've got plenty of time! ;)
KristaMarch 25, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Just finished Wither!! I can't wait to post my review. Thanks so much for hosting the awesome event :)
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 25, 2012 at 3:38 pm
Great! We're so glad to have you participate!
Jen Ryland/YA RomanticsMarch 25, 2012 at 11:01 pm
I'm in — my post will go up on Wednesday!! I'll tweet and let you know…
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 26, 2012 at 10:28 pm
Great! I'll probably hold off on reading the review until after I've finished the book, though, just an FYI. But I will read it soon!
fakestephMarch 31, 2012 at 6:17 pm
Okay, I've finished Wither. I'll review it this week.
Andrea @ The Overstuffed BookcaseMarch 31, 2012 at 9:16 pm
I just finished it yesterday, myself. I hope to have my review up on Monday. Looking forward to your review!