Mini Review: The Walking Dead Compendium 2 by Robert Kirkman
The Walking Dead, Compendium 2
Author: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard
Series: The Walking Dead Compendium Editions #2
Publisher: Image Comics
Published: October 16th 2012
Genres: Adult, Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic, Zombies
Format: Graphic Novel, Paperback
Buy on Amazon | Buy from Publisher
Returning with the second eight volumes of the fan-favorite, New York Times bestseller series, The Walking Dead, collected into one massive paperback collection!
This is the perfect collection for any fan of the Emmy Award-winning television series on AMC: over one-thousand pages chronicling the next chapter of Robert Kirkman's Eisner Award-winning continuing story of survival horror - beginning with Rick Grimes' struggle to survive after the prison raid, to the group's finding short solace in The Community, and the devastation that follows. In a world ruled by the dead, we are finally forced to finally start living. Collects The Walking Dead #49-96. (Cover and synopsis from Goodreads.)
Spoiler Warning: This review covers issues 49-96 of The Walking Dead comics. I don’t like spoilers, but with the nature of this kind of review, some spoilers of these issues and previous issues may be unavoidable. Read on at your own risk.
Note: So far, there are 156 issues of The Walking Dead comics published. They come in single issues, or in collected editions, such as volumes (6 issues each), books (12 issues each), and compendiums (48 issues each). This review is for Compendium 2, which contains issues 49-96.
Since there is so much to cover in this review, and also because I don’t like spoilers, I’m going to make this a mini review where I simply share some of my notes.
- A lot of the characters really look A LOT alike, just with different hair. So sometimes it’s hard to tell who is who.
- OMG I completely forgot about this one scene in the show. I think I repressed it. Not happy to see it here but glad to see it wasn’t any worse in the comics.
- Dale is getting more and more annoying. (Love him on the show, not in the comic.)
- Another scene from the show that I must have repressed. A bit different here in the comic, but basically the same.
- There’s a story that the leader of Alexandria tells Rick and all I have to say is F YOU, ROBERT KIRKMAN. With my phobias and anxieties I really did not need to hear that story AT ALL. In fact, typing this out, I am keeping my brain from thinking of it at all, because I just CAN’T think of it EVER AGAIN. This better not be brought up ever again, Kirkman, because if it does, it’s a deal breaker for me. I love the show and am also enjoying the comics so I don’t want to have to stop reading/watching.
- My 2nd favorite scene from the show is in the comics! A bit different, but it’s there. Too bad my absolute favorite scene from the show isn’t in the comics.
Once again, I like certain things better in the comics and certain things better in the show. I like how they follow the same kind of major path but little things are different. I wish that one story hadn’t happened, but I’m just going to try to forget it for the rest of my life. 4 stars.